Sunday, March 18, 2012

What a week!

The week of March 11-18 was a week of milestones for Walker! In a week's time he learned how to sit up from a laying position, he began crawling, and he started pulling up on things! Whew! It was a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday deal...each day he learned something new. Thursday when he pulled himself up on the couch I about fell over. I was so flabbergasted yet ecstatic at the same time.  We have a determined little man on our hands, and a proud mommy.  He was one excited little boy and his sleep pattern definitely showed it.  I have read that when babies learn how to do new things they want to "practice" all the time. This proved to be true with Walker. Our once bedtime routine went straight out the window. At night we usually take a bath, put on lotion with massage, pajamas, read a few books, sing a song, say a prayer, then I nurse him before I put him in the crib. When he goes into the crib he usually falls right asleep or  "talks" to himself until he does so. Not this week. Since he is now able to sit back up he would sit up for a while and play but then forget he could lay himself back down and scream to his hearts content. I must admit it was funny walking by the nursery and seeing his sweet little face looking through the crib bars, with a big grin like he was saying "Hey! Look what I can do!" When he did finally fall asleep he was awake again in a few hours to "practice". However, let me clarify...Walker is usually up every 3-4 hours as it is.. but I can usually nurse him and put him right back to sleep. Now he was waking up bright eyed and bushy tailed. It was usually around midnight, about the time Peter and I were getting ready to go to bed...so we had a few late nights but I am ok with that (as long as it doesn't last)
First night he was able to sit himself up
Having a good ole' time


I just added this because I thought it was funny... on top of all this he is teething (like any baby at this age) He gets those gums onto anything he can. He got his bottom 2 teeth on the same night in the middle of January, He was 4.5 months old. 
Trying to stand in his bathtub


Using Avery to stand up. He loves to sit on his knees like that also.
Pitiful I know, but I couldn't resist. This was at nap time
Using daddy's legs to stand up



Ready, set, GO!
I will upload a video of his crawling skills as soon as I take one! 

1 comment:

  1. You have one bright little smart guy! Love all his adventures and learning:)

    ReplyDelete